Latest announcement: Tournament registrations for Winter Worm Olympics 2012 have started! The Olympics will start on the evening of 21st of December :)
View in Full Size | Play now
Size: 2000 x 1080, 71KB
Tags: cannon, cargo, ship, boat, work
The initial idea was to make a refreshing new city shopper, if that was possible at all, but as more and more ideas came I decided to shift towards something different, though the general squarish style is the same and you can find some elements from well-known city maps.
So without further ado, I present The Complex. Again I try to promote flying over rope spamming, as well as playing with background on.
Thanks to Genre for his alt-route fly maps which helped come up with part of the map.
Fast forward about 8 months >>
I wanted to finish this map because of all the fun to be had with creating details. And so that's what I did. Most of the map consists of custom sprites there to create that industrial and mundane feeling, while the layout focuses on promoting flies, sending animate weapons on walks, and blasting worms into oblivion.
I tried to implement an assortment of obvious and not-so-obvious hides of varying difficulty and safety. Furthermore, for the first time I created the layout with tricks in mind, although I'm not sure how that went.
- if you wanted to advertise, you'd actually call my mobile
- the two uncredited adverts are for Crimsonland and Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer League, two of my favourite games
- this map was completed about 1 year after I started working on it
- this is my first map to feature a WMDB ID
- there are at least 20 genuine hides
- there are 4 mini-cannons, 3 of which are concealed
- the particle accelerator feeds on bananas
- the .psd file contains about 250 layers, of which about 100 did not make it into the final version
- 64 colours
- island type
- Urban background
- Worms Armageddon
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 & CS5
Added on: 10th November 2010, 16:17
Comments: 24 (read/write)
Favorites: This map is on the favorites list of 16 users.
:ALEX:, c0o1, DassFass, Diabolisch, edocon, Fire-Lord, FMA, goom, Husk, Jnatty, Lei, Moseybose, Petr, RocknRoll, sHaDoWMaN, triad
Worth: 9 EXP
Features: Elaborate, Good graphics, Original, Sprites. (complain/suggest)